Attention high school students (age 14-17) who love nature and teaching kids!
Help children discover the magic of the natural world at Delaware Nature Society’s summer camps! Join our teaching team and work with instructors, assist with programs, maintain teaching areas, help with snack and recreation periods, and work with live animals.
Highlights of Being a Camp Counselor
- Unique, high-quality training in nature study, working with children, First Aid and CPR certification, animal handling, environmental study equipment use, leadership, outdoor recreation, and outdoor games.
- Enjoy fun, friends, adventure, and animals.
- Flexible work weeks to accommodate vacations.
- Excellent experience for high school volunteer credit requirements, future jobs, and college applications.
Dates of Summer Camp
Eleven week-long camps run June 10 – August 23, 2019
- You must be between the ages of 14 – 17 and enthusiastic about working outdoors with children ages 3 – 8.
- A fee is required for counselor training and must accompany this application. (Training fee covers CPR/First Aid certification and DNS counselor trainings.)
- You must volunteer for a minimum of 3 weeks, Monday through Friday from 8 am – 4 pm. Weeks do not need to be consecutive.
- Delaware Nature Society membership at the Household level or above is required. If you are not an active member, you can add/renew your membership in the below application.
- Applicants will be contacted to schedule an interview prior to acceptance into the program. Camp assignments will be distributed by the end of May.
Mandatory First Aid and CPR training sessions will be shared soon.