Wilmington residents and local community organizations within city limits are invited to apply for a one-time mini-grant of up to $300 to improve the environment in the City of Wilmington. Grant provided by Delaware Nature Society (DelNature) – DelNature supports projects that improve environmental health, address needs identified by community members, and involve community members in the execution of the project. Funds may not be used for political organizations or election campaigns. Projects must be open to the public and funding can be combined with other sources. Applications are due April 30.
Mini-Grant Project Example Areas
• Community gardens
• Waste infrastructure (recycling bins, composting, etc.)
• Tree/flower/landscape plantings
• Trash cleanups and events
• Wildlife habitat projects
• Environmental events or educational programs
Criteria that Proposals Will Be Evaluated On
• Clearly defined purpose
• Addresses a need in the community
• Improves the lives of Wilmington residents through improving environmental quality
• Realistic and reasonable costs
Mini-grant funding only covers direct project costs. Grant funds available until all is spent.
Funds will be paid upon award of the grant. Upon project completion, applicants will need to provide written confirmation of the project’s completion and use of funds. By accepting a grant, organizations or individuals consent to DelNature visiting the project and for it to be photographed for use in public documents, including grant reports, websites, and social media.
Applications are due April 30.
For more information, contact John Harrod or call 302-656-1490 x 1156.