We can act.
As supporters, you have trusted us to be the guardians of a healthy environment through the years. We are asking you to step up once again to reinforce our efforts to connect more people with the natural world. A growing voice of citizens demanding action can save the planet through education, conservation, and advocacy.
“You must unite behind the science. You must take action. You must do the impossible, because giving up can never be an option.”
– Youth activist Greta Thunberg addressing the U.S. Congress in 2019
Investing in Resilience
We are one of the only statewide environmental organizations with multiple full-time staff who advocate for wildlife, land conservation, clean water, and protection of our region’s natural resources.
DelNature will continue to encourage investments by our government, including:
- Forming a Climate Change Action Committee (including representatives from environmental justice communities) to move recommendations to action
- Working to increase renewable energy standards access to wind power, community solar, and other renewable resources
- Educating Delawareans on how to fight climate change and assisting local governments in building resilient communities
- Clean water and land conservation that benefit all communities.
Demonstrating Regenerative Agriculture
The production of food has a profound impact on the environment.
The DelNature Regenerative Agriculture Program at Coverdale Farm Preserve mimics natural processes that contribute to healthy soil, animals, and ecosystems. The farm is a model for land conservation, preservation, and wildlife habitat while growing food in a healthy, sustainable way. We work with agricultural leaders, elected officials, and community members statewide to demonstrate the benefits of regenerative agriculture.
Research has shown that vulnerable communities are often more adversely affected by climate change.
From access to clean water, flood abatement, and healthy air, DelNature advocates for environmental justice investments on the federal, state, and local level and seeks additional protections from toxins and pollution for our neighbors at risk.
From frozen pipes in Texas to viruses leaving their natural hosts and finding us, climate change is happening now and demands action. DelNature puts your gifts to work to protect our ecosystems and mitigate against human impact. At the same time, we are offering our popular children’s and adults’ programming at our four sites and taking a new, exciting approach this spring to community supported agriculture at Coverdale Farm Preserve. See a complete list of our spring and summer activities statewide.
Please give generously. Your gift to DelNature’s Annual Fund will support critical science-based advocacy, education, and programming.
We won’t get a second chance to win this fight. Your children and grandchildren will thank you!
Provisions in the Coronavirus Aid Relief and Economic Security Act have made some changes to charitable giving that may benefit you.
- Previously only those who use itemized deductions could deduct charitable gifts. Now, individuals can deduct up to $300 in donations, even if you don’t itemize. This deduction can be used for contributions of cash (not stock) to qualified charitable organizations such as Delaware Nature Society.
- You can now deduct up to 100% of your adjusted gross income for charitable deductions. Formerly, an individual could deduct up to 60% of their adjusted gross income. Now, individuals can deduct up to 100% of their AGI for the year 2020. Also, any contribution in excess of total AGI may be carried forward up to 5 additional years. This may not be used to fund Donor Advised Funds.
- Corporate charitable deduction limits have been increased to 25% of taxable income. The Act temporarily lifts the cap on corporation’s charitable deductions from 10% to 25% of taxable income and raises the cap on charitable contributions of food inventory from 15% to 25% of taxable income.
As always, please consult with your tax advisor to see how and if these changes benefit you.
All gifts to Delaware Nature Society (EIN# 51-6018321) are tax-deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law and will be gratefully acknowledged upon receipt.
We Value Transparency
More ways to give
You may also donate through your employer with United Way – use code: 780007
A Trusted Environmental Leader
For more than 50 years, Delaware Nature Society has been a trusted leader in our community on improving the environment through education, conservation and advocacy. We could not succeed at the important work we do without the generosity of our donors and members.