“You cannot protect the environment unless you empower people…help them understand that these resources are their own, that they must protect them.”
– Wangari Maathai
You Need Nature & Nature Needs You!
Now more than ever, people are turning to nature as a source of inspiration, education and good health. Our work continues to provide these opportunities for our community. There are so many ways you can help!
- $2,500 Can support a youth summer internship program at our DuPont Environmental Education Center
- $1,000 Can support a fields-studies program for an entire grade of elementary school students to our Abbott’s Mill Nature Center or Ashland Nature Center
- $500 Can support transportation costs to provide an on-farm field trip at our Coverdale Farm Preserve
- $350 Can support one week of summer camp for a child who could not otherwise afford it
- $250 Can support a bi-weekly CSA share, providing healthy food to a family in need
- $100 Can support seeds and planting materials for a native habitat garden
New provisions in the Coronavirus Aid Relief and Economic Security Act has made some changes to charitable giving that may benefit you.
- Previously only those who use itemized deductions could deduct charitable gifts. Now, individuals can deduct up to $300 in donations, even if you don’t itemize. This deduction can be used for contributions of cash (not stock) to qualified charitable organizations such as Delaware Nature Society.
- You can now deduct up to 100% of your adjusted gross income for charitable deductions. Formerly, an individual could deduct up to 60% of their adjusted gross income. Now, individuals can deduct up to 100% of their AGI for the year 2020. Also, any contribution in excess of total AGI may be carried forward up to 5 additional years. This may not be used to fund Donor Advised Funds.
- Corporate charitable deduction limits have been increased to 25% of taxable income. The Act temporarily lifts the cap on corporation’s charitable deductions from 10% to 25% of taxable income and raises the cap on charitable contributions of food inventory from 15% to 25% of taxable income.
As always, please consult with your tax advisor to see how and if these changes benefit you.
All gifts to Delaware Nature Society (EIN# 51-6018321) are tax-deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law and will be gratefully acknowledged upon receipt.
More ways to give
You may also donate through your employer with United Way – use code: 780007
A Trusted Environmental Leader
For more than 50 years, Delaware Nature Society has been a trusted leader in our community on improving the environment through education, conservation and advocacy. We could not succeed at the important work we do without the generosity of our donors and members.