We advocate for wildlife, land conservation, and protection of our region’s natural resources. We use a scientific, fact-based approach. We work to gain funding for land preservation, protect threatened and endangered species, and advocate for environmentally responsible energy policies. As the state affiliate for the National Wildlife Federation, we address more than 50 environmental issues on the federal, state, and local level.
2018 Advocacy Agenda
Investments at the federal- and state-level will improve our water quality, so we are advocating for:
- Creation of a statewide clean water fee
- Full funding in the EPA Chesapeake Bay Program
- Robust funding for the Delaware River Basin
- Restoration Program
- Protection of freshwater wetlands
Land & Habitat Protection
Protection and preservation of open spaces provides habitat for wildlife, replenishes our drinking water supply, and removes air pollutants. We encourage:
- Full funding for Delaware’s Open Space and Farmland Preservation
- Restoration of Wildlife Populations
- Transparent Coastal Zone Regulatory Process
Climate & Energy
We must slow and limit damage caused by climate change with improved energy conservation, efficiency, renewable energy, and greenhouse gas reduction. We support:
- Reforming the Ethanol Mandate
- Increasing Delaware’s Renewable Portfolio Standards
- Planning at the local-, state-, and federal-level for the impacts from climate change
Help support our 2018 Advocacy Agenda
Support our Clean Water Campaign
Clean Water: Delaware’s Clear Choice
Since March 2015, Delaware Nature Society, along with our partners Partnership for the Delaware Estuary and Center for the Inland Bays, has been running a statewide clean water campaign.
The Clean Water: Delaware’s Clear Choice campaign:
- Builds an alliance of Delaware stakeholders to support sustainable funding for clean water.
- Supports efforts to ensure that funding for clean water improvement projects places an emphasis on green infrastructure projects.
- Lays critical groundwork to further educate and connect residents to their local waterways and empower them to take action to improve the quality of these waterways.
We believe that securing funding for clean water can lead to a cleaner environment, healthier crops and food sources, improved economy, and increased tourism. By securing support for clean water initiatives throughout the state, we are securing a better, stronger Delaware. Clean water is truly Delaware’s clear choice.
We need your help
This campaign is funded by the William Penn Foundation .
Contact our Advocacy Team
Director of Advocacy
302.239.2334 x 132
302.239.2334 x 109
302.239.2334 x 123
State of Delaware
Delaware Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Control