High Quality Standards
We are committed to excellence in all of our programs.
- A low student-teacher ratio
- An excellent, fun, talented, and safety-certified education team
- Fun, hands-on, inquiry based, age appropriate
- Excellent indoor and outdoor facilities for field trips and overnights
- Common Core State Standards and STEM principles
- Your choice of a variety of unique programs with emphasis in areas of science, agriculture, and history field trips, Bring DelNature to You, and overnights
- Convenient times on weekdays and weekends
Field Trips at our Nature Centers & Farm Preserve
Field trips at Ashland Nature Center, Abbott’s Mill Nature Center, Coverdale Farm Preserve, and DuPont Environmental Education Center are a great way to engage in hands-on investigations and have a safe, fun, and educational outdoor experience. TIP: Consider scheduling both morning and afternoon programs with a picnic lunch in-between to maximize use of busses.
Outreach – Bring DelNature to You
Let Delaware Nature Society come to your classroom!
Overnights and Extended Day
Immerse your class in science and discovery with an extended experience at Ashland Nature Center, Coverdale Farm Preserve, or Abbott’s Mill Nature Center. One to three day programs are developed collaboratively with teachers, assuring that your class’s goals and objectives are integrated. A great kickoff or culminating activity for your class!
To schedule your Overnight or Extended-Day
call 302.239.2334 x113, Mon – Fri, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
Advance registration for all programs is required.
Non-refundable deposit of $260 (equivalent to 12 participants) is required to reserve an Overnight. Deposit is due within two (2) weeks of making the reservation. Balance is due 30 days prior to the program. The minimum price for an overnight is $300 (based on the regular overnight price of 12 participants @ $25 each).
Field trip programs
Full payment (non-refundable) is required 30 days prior to the pro-gram; payable by check or credit card. Ashland field studies require a minimum of 5 participants and Ashland overnights require a minimum of 10 participants.