- 4–5 small or 2–3 med fresh beets, scrubbed and ends trimmed
- 5 oz. fresh baby greens, such as spring mix, baby spinach, or arugula
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced
- 2 oranges, peeled and thinly sliced into circles
- 3 oz. crumbled goat cheese
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds, toasted
- Olive oil
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. honey
- Kosher salt and fresh black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper for easy clean up.
- Wrap each beet loosely in aluminum foil with a small drizzle of olive oil. If using small beets, you can group several together, otherwise, wrap each individually. Place on the sheet pan and roast 45-55 minutes or until knife tender.
- Cool beets enough to handle. Use your hands or small paring knife to peel the skin, then thinly slice into circles or half circles.
- Assemble the salad by adding the greens into a large serving bowl. Layer the roasted beets, avocado, and orange slices over the greens.
- Top with goat cheese and pumpkin seeds. Lightly spoon some of the dressing over the salad and serve with remaining dressing on the side.
- Whisk together all of the ingredients in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Refrigerate until ready to serve
Recipe by Little Broken