Mini Egg Quiches are a healthy option. Whole eggs are among the most nutritious foods on the planet, containing a little bit of almost every nutrient you need. Eggs are a good source of protein and contain more than a dozen vitamins and minerals, including iron, zinc, folate, phosphorous, riboflavin and vitamins A, D, E, and B-12. By adding a variety of vegetables to you quiches, this snack is a powerhouse!
- 6 large eggs
- ½ c heavy cream
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp mustard powder
- Dash of salt
Optional Add Ins
- ½ c grated cheddar cheese
- 1 c chopped spinach
- 1 medium bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 4 slices of ham – chopped
Make it Your Own!
You can add many delicious vegetables, meats, and cheeses to your egg base in a variety of seasonal combinations. Add the ingredients to your desired taste. A suggestion for spring: sautéed spinach, asparagus, sweet peas, and feta cheese.
- Combine the heavy cream eggs, salt, garlic and mustard in a medium bowl.
- Lightly spray 1 dozen-cup “regular-sized” muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Fill each tin 1/4 full with any of the creative additions.
- Then add the egg mixture base filling each muffin tin to 1/2 full. Repeat with the remaining egg base and filling until all is used.
- Heat the oven to 400°F and position racks in the top and bottom thirds of the oven.
- Bake the quiches, switching the position of the tins halfway through baking, until the filling is puffed and is golden brown, about 25 minutes. If the egg mixture is not liquidy/jiggly, they are done.