- 1cup unsalted butter room temperature
- ½ cup honey
- 1large egg
- 1teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- sugar optional, to taste
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, beat butter and honey until thoroughly combined.
- Mix in egg and vanilla extract.
- Mix in flour and salt until just combined.
- Divide dough into two parts. Wrap each section in plastic wrap and refrigerate for thirty minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Remove first half of dough from the refrigerator and roll out on a floured surface to just over 1/4″ thick.
- Cut dough into shapes with cookie cutters and optionally sprinkle the tops of the raw cookies with colored sanding sugar.
- Arrange cut out cookies on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or a Silpat.
- Bake for 13 minutes or until the edges of the cookies begin to brown.
- Cool cookies on a cooling rack.
- Roll out, cut, and bake the second half of the dough.