- 3 medium carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 pound green beans or yellow wax beans or a mixture of both, stem ends trimmed
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 shallot or small onion, roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup lightly packed chopped fresh dill
- Steam carrots until they are very tender, about 10 minutes. Transfer carrots to the bowl of a food processor. Set aside to cool.
- Steam green beans until bright green and crisp-tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Immediately cool beans in cold water. Drain and pat dry.
- When carrots are cool, add sour cream, mayonnaise, shallot, salt and cayenne to the food processor and process until smooth.
- Add dill and pulse until combined.
- Transfer dip to a bowl and serve with green beans for dipping. Can also serve with crackers or toasty bread.