Enjoy some delicious Chicken Fajita Packets for lunch!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts,
- 2 cups prepared rice
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1/3 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup mozzarella or cheddar cheese
- 3 bell peppers sliced into thin strips
- 2 cans black beans – drained and rinsed
- Salt to taste
- Pre-heat grill or oven to 400F.
- Seasoning each chicken breast generously with taco seasoning and salt.
- Divide rice, beans and peppers onto into 2 sheets (or 4 if individual packets) of foil.
- Place the chicken on the rice, beans and peppers.
- Top each chicken breast with a few tablespoons of salsa and a sprinkle of cheese.
- Fold the sides of the foil over the chicken, covering completely; seal the packets closed.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until chicken’s internal temperature reaches 165F.
- Remove from oven and carefully open the foils; put the packets under the broiler for 3 to 4 minutes. Squeeze fresh lime juice on each packet, garnish with cilantro and sour-cream if desired and serve.
To make your own taco seasoning for your Chicken Fajita Packets: combine 2 teaspoons chili powder, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon onion powder, 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin, 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano, 1/4 teaspoon paprika, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper