Opportunity Type: Hourly, Part-time, Non-exempt, May – Nov, weekends only
Coverdale Farm Preserve, Greenville, DE
Delaware Nature Society’s (DelNature) mission is to connect people with the natural world to improve our environment through education, conservation, and advocacy. We envision a healthy and sustainable environment. Founded in 1964, DelNature, a state affiliate for the National Wildlife Federation, is renowned for our educational programming, conservation, and advocacy. We provide the tools for communities to take action and promote the health of the environment through land preservation, wildlife protection, and watershed stewardship.
We manage over 2,000 acres of land, including four nature preserves, and operates four educational sites: Ashland Nature Center, Abbott’s Mill Nature Center, DuPont Environmental Education Center, and Coverdale Farm Preserve. Our organizational priorities are comprised of three pillars of engagement focused on: Working & Natural Lands, Healthy Waters, and Protecting Habitats and Wildlife.
DelNature aspires to be inclusive multicultural organization that celebrates the rich dimensions of diversity and is committed to understanding and addressing where we fall short. Diversity creates an awareness of and acknowledges respect for differences and translates into understanding and valuing of each other’s perspectives. We are committed to building a diverse team and strongly encourage all who are qualified to apply.
The Market Associate serves as a front-line ambassador for Coverdale Farm Preserve and Delaware Nature Society. Knowledgeable and friendly, the Market Associate connects the customer to the site and the many offerings available to them: farm grown/raised food, local products, farm-based programing, organizational membership and services. The Market Associate is responsible for all sales activities and job duties, developing meaningful relationships with customers, providing excellent site-based experiences, demonstrating strong understanding of the product line, promoting Coverdale Farm Preserve and Delaware Nature Society.
- Greets and receives customers in a welcoming manner
- Provides excellent customer service and drives sales through engagement of customers, suggestive selling, responding to questions accurately, and sharing product knowledge
- Keeps customers informed by notifying them of new inventory, preferred customer specials and future merchandise of potential interest.
- Demonstrates exceptional knowledge of product line and programming
- Manages financial transactions by processing payments, managing returns, and assisting with daily reporting.
- Assists with inventory, including receiving and stocking merchandise.
- Provides customer feedback to and alerts Market Team of potential security issues in a professional and timely manner
- Commitment to and passion for the mission of Delaware Nature Society and Coverdale Farm Preserve
- 1 – 2 years experience in retail
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to actively engage in a positive and professional manner while interacting and building trusting relationships with customers, visitors, and program participants
- Excellent communication skills with an ease and ability to talk individuals of all ages
- Ability to adapt and learn quickly
- Organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience with point-of-sale systems
- Basic mathematics and financial knowledge
- Demonstrate accurate and personal knowledge of product
- Must possess the following traits and skills: Flexibility, dependability, critical thinking, problem solving and decision-making skills, work as part of a team.
- Valid Driver’s License preferred
Weekends and some holidays.
Salary and Benefits
Starting hourly rate based on experience.
Applicants Must Submit
- DelNature employment application
- Cover Letter
- Resume with 3 Professional References