Opportunity Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Ashland Nature Center, Hockessin, DE
Delaware Nature Society has spent over 50 years connecting people to nature with diverse environmental programs and services. As one of the most well respected environmental organizations in the region, we envision a healthy and sustainable environment for all plants, animals, and people living in our region. Our mission is to connect people with the natural world to improve our environment through education, advocacy, and conservation. Working state-wide in Delaware and the surrounding region, we operate four sites where people experience nature in unique hands-on ways reaching thousands of visitors each year.
Delaware Nature Society is seeking a dynamic Development Coordinator to join our successful Development Team. The Development Coordinator will work under the supervision of the Development Manager. The responsibilities of the position will focus on managing and maintaining membership data as well as providing support for development efforts which secure essential funding from individual donors, foundations, and corporations.
The Development Coordinator will be responsible for the following:
- Assist with annual fund campaigns through mailing list generation, coordinating efforts of solicitors, and other tasks associated with executing effective campaigns on time and within budget.
- Gift entry for all contributions.
- Coordination and fulfillment of acknowledgement letters including special acknowledgements to major donors, foundations, and corporations.
- Manage membership rolls, membership card fulfillment, renewal process, and various other responsibilities related to DNS membership.
- Work with mailing houses to execute annual campaign and membership card fulfillment.
- Assist in maintaining lists of major donors and members to facilitate donor engagement.
- Ad-hoc data entry responsibilities.
- Occasional support for fund raising and member events.
- Two years of experience in the non-profit sector or other related experience
- Fund raising software experience; Blackbaud’s Altru is preferred
- Strong communication skills, especially with DNS’ varied constituencies
- Strong attention to detail
- Must have a willingness to assist in team and organization-wide efforts with a “can-do” attitude
- Commitment to maintaining donor and member confidentiality
- Must pass a background check
Salary and Benefits
Salary Range: $30,000-$32,000
Benefits: Medical, 403(b), flex-time