Opportunity Type: Full-time, Exempt
Ashland Nature Center, Hockessin, DE
Delaware Nature Society’s (DelNature) mission is to connect people with the natural world to improve our environment through education, conservation, and advocacy. We envision a healthy and sustainable environment. Founded in 1964, DelNature, a state affiliate for the National Wildlife Federation, is renowned for our educational programming, conservation, and advocacy. We provide the tools for communities to take action and promote the health of the environment through land preservation, wildlife protection, and watershed stewardship.
We manage over 2,000 acres of land, including four nature preserves, and operates four educational sites: Ashland Nature Center, Abbott’s Mill Nature Center, DuPont Environmental Education Center, and Coverdale Farm Preserve. Our organizational priorities are comprised of three pillars of engagement focused on: Working & Natural Lands, Healthy Waters, and Protecting Habitats and Wildlife.
DelNature aspires to be inclusive multicultural organization that celebrates the rich dimensions of diversity and is committed to understanding and addressing where we fall short. Diversity creates an awareness of and acknowledges respect for differences and translates into understanding and valuing of each other’s perspectives. We are committed to building a diverse team and strongly encourage all who are qualified to apply.
The Database Coordinator supports the fundraising efforts of DelNature and is a member of the Development Team. This position is responsible for managing the donor and membership databases, gift entry, membership processing, generating reports, gift acknowledgements, and tracking data related to grant awards.
The Database Coordinator reports to the Associate Director of Development.
- Input, categorize, evaluate and manage all donor information to ensure accuracy and efficiency, including information on existing and prospective donors.
- Responsible for database integrity and management, including planning and executing an annual calendar of data maintenance.
- Generate and send gift acknowledgements within 7 days of receipt of donations.
- Assist with annual fund campaigns through mailing list generation, coordinating efforts of solicitors, assembling packets, and other tasks associated with executing effective campaigns on time and within budget.
- Manage sponsorship records and acknowledgments.
- Assist in monthly reconciling of donor database and financial systems.
- Assist in preparing audit materials and grant reporting.
- Assist with organization wide data clean-up.
- Manage membership rolls, membership card fulfillment, renewal process, and various other responsibilities related to DelNature membership processing
- Work with mailing houses to execute annual campaign and membership card fulfillment.
- Assist in maintaining lists of major donors and members to facilitate donor engagement.
- Ad-hoc data entry responsibilities.
- Support and participate in fundraising, organization wide and member events as requested.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by supervisor or senior leadership team member.
- Promote and support DelNature’s mission, values, goals, and activities.
- Two years of experience in the non-profit sector or other related experience.
- Fundraising or other constituent relationship management software experience; Blackbaud’s Altru is preferred.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Strong verbal, written, technical and analytical skills.
- Strong attention to detail, thoroughness and accuracy.
- Must have a willingness to assist in team and organization-wide efforts with a “can-do” attitude.
- Commitment to maintaining donor and member confidentiality.
- Flexibility and adaptability to work a schedule that meets the needs of the site.
- High level of dependability, effectiveness, and ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Ability to consistently interact in a positive and professional manner.
- Demonstrated ability of problem solving, critical thinking, and decision-making.
- Must pass a background check.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee frequently is required to sit and reach and must be able to move around the work environment.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to ten pounds and be able to carry, move and set up necessary supplies and equipment.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Ability to work in a variety of indoor and/or outdoor settings, weather, and terrains.
Salary and Benefits
Exempt full-time position with health, dental, paid time off and retirement benefits. Starting salary $42,000.
This a full-time exempt salaried position with a partial remote work schedule available. Hours are primarily M-F but flexibility to periodically attend evening and/or weekend meetings and/or events is required.
Applicants Must Submit
- Delaware Nature Society employment application
- Cover Letter (preferred, but not required)
- Current Resume (preferred, but not required)
- 3 Professional References (3 past employers or professional references – must include your last employer)