Opportunity Type: Seasonal, Part-Time, Hourly, June - October
Coverdale Farm Preserve, Greenville, DE
Delaware Nature Society (DelNature) has spent over 50 years connecting people to nature with diverse environmental programs and services. As one of the most well respected environmental organizations in the region, we envision a healthy and sustainable environment for all plants, animals, and people living in our region. Our mission is to connect people with the natural world to improve our environment through education, advocacy, and conservation. Working state-wide in Delaware and the surrounding region, we operate four sites where people experience nature in unique hands-on ways reaching thousands of visitors each year.
Selected candidates will be required to submit to a criminal background check. While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
DelNature aspires to be inclusive multicultural organization that celebrates the rich dimensions of diversity such as race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, age, physical abilities, religious and political beliefs. Diversity creates an awareness of and acknowledges respect for differences and translates into understanding and valuing each other’s perspective. We are committed to building a diverse team and strongly encourage all qualified professionals to apply.
The Coverdale Farm Preserve Market Staff plays an important role in our work through their interaction with our customers, visitors, and program participants. As ambassadors for the site, they will provide strong customer service and their communications will exemplify the synergetic relationship between soil, plant, animal, and consumer. The seasonal, hourly position at Coverdale Farm Preserve works Friday 10:30 am – 6:30 pm and Saturday 8:30 am – 2:30 pm, June – October.
Supervisor: Market Garden Farmer Assistant
Sources of Collaboration:
- Vegetable Production Team
- Coverdale Farm Preserve Team
More About Coverdale Farm Preserve
We recognize that how we grow food has a profound impact on the environment. Coverdale Farm Preserve’s practices weave together conservation, high quality food, and community. Our vision is to build a healthy and resilient ecosystem, increase biodiversity, contribute to our local/regional food system, train the next generation of farmers, and educate our constituents.
- Assist the Vegetable Production Team in providing our Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) members their weekly share of produce. Market distribution area will be kept well stocked, organized and clean. Team members will speak knowledgeably about produce and production methods. Team members will operate a point of sale device to monitor produce levels.
Time Allocated: 45%
- Assist all visitors in the sale of both farm and locally sourced products. Speak knowledgeably about farm generated products and methods of production. Understand the local product line from producer information to product details. Operate a point of sale device for transactions. Speak knowledgeably about the work of DelNature and Coverdale Farm Preserve.
Time Allocated: 45%
- Support the weekly/daily set up and breakdown of the market. Keep the market area clean and inviting. Assist in other tasks as requested.
Time Allocated: 10%
- Commitment to and passion for the mission of Delaware Nature Society and Coverdale Farm Preserve
- Excellent public relations and communication skills with an ease and enthusiasm for talking to individuals of all ages
- Professional maturity and positive interpersonal skills with friendly attitude
- Organized, willing to take initiative, think and act proactively to solve problems and assess priorities, and manage a variety of tasks calmly and effectively
- Ability to work outside for extended periods of time in various weather conditions
- Ability to work as a professional team member in an active, changing environment
- Strong knowledge of vegetables grown in the Mid-Atlantic region, organic vegetable production, regenerative farming, local food producers or the willingness to learn
- Ability to lift and carry 30 lbs.
Salary and Benefits
Salary commensurate with experience.
Applicants Must Submit
- DelNature employment application
- Cover Letter
- Resume with 3 Professional References