Opportunity Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Coverdale Farm Preserve, Greenville, DE
Delaware Nature Society has spent over 50 years connecting people to nature with diverse environmental programs and services. As one of the most well respected environmental organizations in the region, we envision a healthy and sustainable environment for all plants, animals, and people living in our region. Our mission is to connect people with the natural world to improve our environment through education, advocacy, and conservation. Working state-wide in Delaware and the surrounding region, we operate four sites where people experience nature in unique hands-on ways reaching thousands of visitors each year.
The Market Garden Manager plays an important role in our work bringing an entrepreneurial spirit to the operation of an intensive organic four-season vegetable production enterprise that exemplifies the synergetic relationship between soil, plant, animal, and consumer. The Market Garden Manager is part of a team charged with implementing a visionary 10-year Master Plan. This full-time year-round core position.
- Commitment to and passion for the mission of Delaware Nature Society and Coverdale Farm Preserve
- Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Plant Science or equivalent
- 3 – 5 years of relevant experience in diversified, intensive organic four-season vegetable farming at production scale
- Experience with the process and maintenance of organic certification
- Excellent working knowledge of core issues related to regenerative agriculture
- Knowledge of farm equipment operation, maintenance and repair
- 3 years supervisory & staff management experience
- Professional maturity and positive interpersonal skills with friendly attitude
- Organized, willing to take initiative, think and act proactively to solve problems and assess priorities, and manage a variety of tasks calmly and effectively
- Excellent public relations and communication skills with an ease and enthusiasm for talking to individuals of all ages
- Ability to work outside for extended periods of time in various weather conditions
- Ability to work as a professional team member in an active, changing environment
Salary and Benefits
Compensation includes salary and full benefits package, housing is negotiable.