Love all that the DuPont Environmental Education Center (DEEC) has to offer? Through this Outreach Support Team volunteer position you can help share our awesome outdoor opportunities with the community!
The primary role of this position is to be an ambassador for the outdoors and Delaware Nature Society (DelNature).
The position has two elements:
- Promoting DelNature activities to others by attending outreach events in and around Wilmington
- Distributing DelNature information to local businesses and communities
Volunteers can opt to do one or both activities.
The Outreach Support Team volunteer position promotes DelNature’s mission of improving our environment through education, advocacy, and conservation. The person in this position does this by building strong relationships with the communities we serve leading to growth in membership, volunteerism, advocacy, program participation and financial support.
- Host a DelNature table at local Wilmington community events sharing the opportunities DEEC and DelNature has to offer
- Display DEEC flyers and nature items (animals pelts, etc) at the events which are most often in the spring, summer, and fall
- On an agreed upon frequency, visit DEEC to pick up current flyers and brochures to distribute to identified local businesses and community sites
- Comfort and willingness to interact and speak with the public in a wide range of community audiences
- Have transportation available to be able to distribute materials around Wilmington
Natural science or environmental science knowledge a plus, but not required.
Outreach Support Team Volunteer Position Availability