Love all that the Ashland Nature Center has to offer? We need your help sharing our awesome outdoor opportunities with the community though this Front Desk Greeter volunteer position!
The primary role of this position is to represent Delaware Nature Society in telephone and face-to-face communications with the public, performing the responsibilities listed below with a focus on:
- Promoting our mission of improving our environment through education, advocacy, and conservation
- Building strong relationships with the people we serve to help grow membership, volunteerism, advocacy, program participation, and financial support
- Assuring the most satisfactory experience for members and non-members
- Answer telephone calls and directs inquiries for staff members, board of directors, and volunteers
- Answer queries associated with public programs, memberships, public group programs, summer camps as well as any other calls and web requests pertaining to activities at all four sites
- Take registrations for programs, collect trail fees, and sell merchandise through Altru database
Time Allocated: 60%
- Greet and direct visitors to the Visitor Services Center and answers inquiries
- Provide guidance on hiking opportunities and points of interest at Ashland Nature Center
- Actively introduce visitors to membership and program opportunities, distributes literature to non-members
- Assist other departments with data entry and other work when requested
Time Allocated: 40%
Ashland Site Manager
Sources of Collaboration
- Visitor Services Coordinator: Works closely to ensure accurate information is being relayed to guests and Altru database.
- Ashland Site Manager: Share information and keep informed.
- Excellent public relations skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Good computer skills and aptitude
- Ability to multi-task in a face paced environment
Greeter Volunteer Position Availability
Monday-Friday, year round; Saturday & Sunday, seasonally. Approx. 8/hrs per week requested.