Come explore one of the planet’s most incredible birding destinations – Ecuador! Our 10-day tour travels to both sides of the spectacular Andes Mountains, and the cloud forests in-between. From the snow-capped volcanoes to the Choco bioregion, this delightful country is home to over 1,600 species of birds! Join us as we explore one of the richest wildlife areas on earth. Delaware Nature Society and Holbrook Travel are partners for this adventure.
Led by Judy Montgomery
Mon 11/12/ 2018 – Wed 11/21/2018
- Enjoy unsurpassable scenery – view “glaciers at the equator” atop high rugged Andean peaks over 18,000 feet!
- Seek out some of Ecuador’s approximately 130 hummingbird species, including the Giant Hummingbird, Black-tailed Trainbearer, Sword-billed Hummingbird, Tourmaline Sunangel, and Glowing Puffleg!
- Experience the Milpe Bird Sanctuary in the Chocó Andean foothills, considered one of the finest sites in all of Ecuador.
- Visit an Andean Cock-of-the-rock lek, and the secretive antpittas at the Refugio Paz de las Aves
- Seek out other target species like the Andean Condor, Plate-billed Mountain Toucan, Long-wattled Umbrellabird, Toucan Barbet, Chocó Trogon, and dozens of tanagers.
- Tour the home and a gardens of famous Ecuadorian ornithologist and artist, Juan Manuel Carrion.
Excellent hotels and lodges as listed or comparable:
- All accommodations, meals and activities as indicated in the itinerary
- Private transportation and driver for the duration of the program
- Expert birding naturalist guide for duration of program
- Delaware Nature Society Eco Tour Leader Judy Montgomery
- Carbon offset
- Bottled water on bus
Does not include
- International flights (for airfare assistance contact Holbrook Travel at 800.451.7111)
- Personal items, alcohol
- Travel protection, trip cancellation insurance
Deposit to secure spot: $350
Price: $3,375 (double occupancy)
Single room supplement: $295
Balance due: 8/2/2018
Registration and payment for this trip is being handled through our partner:
Register through Holbrook Travel
For questions call Holbrook Travel at 800.451.7111